Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO)
In Angelic, you own the game, and your stuff
In part 1 we discussed the why of blockchain. In part 2 we wrote about how Angelic is revolutionizing crafting in the gaming space.
Now let’s discuss how and why our DAO mechanism creates yet another revolutionary step forward in gaming. No other game allows the community a chance to guide the future of the universe they’re playing in.
The Council of the Angels
The Council of the Angels is the main DAO body of the Angelic Metaverse. $ANGL — Angelverse token holders will have voting rights in the Council and have a title within the game itself. These titles reflect the level of $ANGL that they’ve staked and grant them voting rights within the Council as well as additional perks such as access to NFT drops, higher levels get to vote on more critical issues, and at the highest level these councilors will have direct access to the developers
There will even be a single Prime Councilor whose access to the development team will be unparalleled in modern gaming.
What about at launch, periods of transition, and long term position holding you may ask? We call these times Epoch Periods and each is expected to last for one month. During these Epochs the rights and responsibilities of the council are set with a given group of players, at the end of the Epoch the council may change as players make decisions on what to do with their $ANGL, new players reach milestones required for membership, and as the Angelverse changes.
The Council’s Governance Rights
As the Angelverse expands the Council will gain more input into the future of Angelic. This is planned to include:
- DeFi Pool Regulations — Some of the DeFi regulations and rules can be determined and modified by the council.
- Treasury Management — As the treasury develops portions of its management will be transferred to the Council. This may include additional public sales, deciding how to distribute community, staking, yield farming rewards, marketplace fees and more.
- Guild Battles — Rules and regulations including win conditions, war and peacetime rules, and acceptable activities may also be organized by the council
- Game Balance — The Council can modify certain parameters of items, ships, and characters to balance the game putting players in charge of the changes to the future of the game.
- Community Regulations — Rules for the community will be set by the Council including temporary bans for players and even guilds who violate community and game rules.
- Game Features: As Angelic releases playable builds (vertical slices) the council will provide feedback and in some cases dictate directions for the features and mechanics being rolled out.
- Main Heroes: From time to time the development team will request feedback from the council on current and future heroes being added to the game
All voting is planned to use the Quadratic Voting System (QVS) to provide a fair and democratic mechanism to the population of the Angelic Metaverse. This reduces the voting power of large $ANGL holders and title-bearers and reduces plutocracy without entirely erasing the benefits and rights of Council members.
Player guilds will have their own governing bodies, “Senates”. Guild Senates are micro-scale DAOs to specifically manage their own guilds and players, and to determine their politics and investments.
It will be almost entirely up to the Guild Senate and members themselves how to manage their DAO and set its own rules. Apart from obvious functions such as setting rules for their members, or deciding when to go to war and against whom, Guild Senates also manage the guild treasury and initiate and oversee guild investments (such as mega-projects).
We will be working with player guilds closely while implementing the system. Stay tuned for more updates!
Neo-Human alliances and the Supreme Cartel of the human corporations are important organizations in the game and they shape will also be shaping the future of the Angelverse.
We are planning to form a DAO body for especially neo-human alliances. Lore-wise players will be essentially on the side of the neo-humans by default. However, the universe of Angelic is dark and unforgiving, and changes can happen!
Expect additional DAO bodies and even more control and governance over the IP and the game will be possible in the long run for our players! Who knows, maybe there are even more “sides” or “races” out there?
We could dive much deeper into all of this, and we will in time, but for now know that we’ve truly thought this through and our reasons for adding the blockchain element to Angelic is so that we can truly build the metaverse with our community.